Second Ad

Thursday, November 3, 2011

From Ray Zimmerman

Thanks Tim,

I just sent this note to Dr. Wardynski.

=====================================================================================================
I read today where a decision has been made, or about to be made to tarnish the proud history of Lee High School in Huntsville. Of course I refer to the rumor, and I trust it is just a rumor, to rename the new Lee High School facility.  I understand that the Lee High School moniker on the new building has been removed. That can only mean that a new name is being considered. As a 1967 Lee graduate I respectfully ask that such a decision not be made. If it has been made, then I request that decision be changed. In the sixties Lee was one of only three high schools in the Huntsville area. Those of us that attended Lee were and still are proud of our association with our alma mater.
I lived in Huntsville for thirty-five years prior to moving to St. Louis, MO. I still own property in Madison County and plan to return upon my retirement. I have three grandchildren that will attend school in the area so I am extremely concerned that their future education is compliance with high standards but that the heritage of the school system be preserved. Please do not allow the Lee High name to be removed from the new facility.
Best Regards,
COL Ray Zimmerman 
LHS 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment