Second Ad

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Name That General #3


The latest 'Name That General' stumped everyone! I have no idea how I did it, but Gin Lum Chin (Jimmy) was found alive and well in New Jersey. If, like me, you didn't know Jimmy back then, you'll get a second chance next year to get to know a great 'Old General'. 




Check back in a few days to see if you can NAME THAT GENERAL #4.....


I stared at his face in the annual. Nothing. I had never seen him before. One guy out of 307 million Americans--how in the world was I going to find him? I tried a phone number for someone with the same name. The wife answered, listened to my story, and insisted that her husband had never been to Huntsville, AL. Then the daughter got on the phone. Oh yeah, he was the right guy. 


  • In Huntsville, lived with his brother who worked with Brown Engineering and NASA.
  •   Favorite Teacher: Mrs. Penelope Moore. "I loved her southern accent and she helped me a lot."
  • Went to the prom with Janet James who played the piano for the choir..
  • Some of his friends were Dickie Cobb, Phyllis Brock,  Leonard Horton and his good friend Steven Clinkenbeard.
  • Moved to Huntsville from New York City
  • Attended UAH, majored in EE (was there only 2 Qs)
  • After UAH, moved back to New York City for family reasons
  • Drafted... Served four years in the US Air Force, had two tours of overseas duty...
  • Used the GI bill, attended Old Dominion University....
  • Graduated with an EE degree...worked for the Department of the Army/Navy for 36 years.
  • Recently retired.
  • Now work as Mr. Mom, taking care of the house and all the cooking, cleaning, not to mentioned the yard works.....
  • Is Chinese-American
  • NAME THAT GENERAL?

No comments:

Post a Comment